Friday, August 29, 2008

So That's Tomorrow?

My roommate called me an idiot for thinking the Military Special record release was tonight even after being told a million times, but he's a jerk so we're even (no we're not).

Anyways, I find myself with an empty iCal this morning - :( - so I did a little web searching and came up with this shit for tonight:

Jimmy Pardo - Acme Comedy Club. This guy is not funny, unless humor can be measured in abrasive curmudgeonaiety. Next!

ARP! Release Bike ride & Mixer - Henne & Franklin @ 8PM, biking to Art of This Gallery @ 35th & Nicollet. These guys (Tiff, Ariel & Troy) put together a fucking great magazine every quarter, and I assume an equally "rocking" mixer.

Cecil Otter Record Release - The Trip Rock. Yeah he's good. "Rebel Yellow" is a good title. I bet this will be a good show.

Last Comic Standing Finalists - Mystic Lake. I totally love The Art of stand-up comedy, especially when bookended by Bill Bellamy yelling "YEAH RIGHT!" among high production costs and low expectations. Might skip it.

Uptown Brian's Birthday - Uptown Bar (all weekend). Yeah, let's aggrandize BRIAN. YEAH. In all seerz, Cosmic Comedy (I call them 'BARF') are a talented little village of people (there's like 17 people in this band).

That's a bit of what I found, but the rest I would've ripped on and someone said I have to stay positive. Sigh. I really hope that fucking karaoke tour is over.

No comments: