Tuesday, March 3, 2009

3/3/09

Hey. You. A couple'a good things happenin' tonight!

My favorite thing ever at 331 Club. I am exaggerating a little as it is my tendency to do so. My li'l buddy Grant (now of Lookbook, which will be playing at Live Music/Dead Meat next week take note please) is performing this evening as Sun Giant. His Sun Giant shit is amazing. I really like it very much. I would have pointed you in the direction of a myspace page but it seems to have dropped off the internet. Quick google search produced his EP and I hope it's cool that I post it right here. Go listen, and come down tonight! Grant plays around 10. He is opening for Bill Caperton and Peter Leggett, both cool and talented dudes and with Leggett fresh off a European tour with Kid Dakota. Go early for BLINGO! and tacos! Free, as always. This kicks off a weekly series Caperton and Leggett will be doing for a month of Tuesdays.

His Mischief Listening Party @ Turf in the Clown Lounge. 10ish I think? And free. They have an awesome lineup for their CD release next Friday night at the Turf (Har Mar Superstar, Dynamiters and Leisure Birds) but treat yourself to an early listen tonight.

And, if you heard the rumor that Halloween, Alaska would be playing a free secret show at the Uptown tonight, well I guess that fell through. But if you want your Dave King fix (yeah, who doesn't?) you can read this bullshit I wrote about him last summer while drunk. I read it earlier today, and it cracked me right up. That was back when I couldn't stop writing about Neil Peart's rotating drum riser. I fixate on things, I know.

1 comment:

Moon Pie Eyes said...

"You."????!?!?!?!?!


Are you talking to ME?!?!!