Thursday, August 28, 2008

8/28/08

DEERFOOT
THURSDAY

Culture Bully, a local blog that is markedly fancier than ours, presents A Night in the Box, Lucy Michelle and the Velvet Lapelles, SKIRT and The Floorbirds, note please that I'm am not sure about this order @ Turf Club, ?$, 9:00.

Patio Nights with One for the Team and Now, Now Every Children @ MMAA, 7 bucks, 7:00. This is the last Patio Night of the season. Have you noticed how damn cold it's getting at night. Summer is leaving us, and I don't care. Know why? DEER HUNTING SEASON.

Fuck Knights, Erik & the Savages, Baby Guts and Vag @ Uptown Bar, zero bucks, 9:00.

32 Below @ the Pickle Park, cover is I dunno, probably 5 bucks, doors are probably 9:00. I'm, like, a Pickle Park regular. I mean I'm planning on becoming one. The place is pretty fantastic. Note also $2.50 rails/domestics from 9-11. Dudes! Awesome. Note finally that as I type this Radio K is playing Violent Femmes, Blister in the Sun, which seems strangely appropriate. I do not know what this says about Pickle Park or Violent Femmes.

War @ the State Fair, free stage, 8:30. Yeah, that's that one War. Some members are no longer in the band. You know how it goes...

Marshall Fucker Band, Efinheimer and Deatheory @ Big V's, 5 bucks, 9:00.

Rock the Cause Presents Attack of the 50 ft Rocker in 3D with Maudlin, The Strangelights, The Debut, So It Goes, Rave the Duke of Dark and Hot Rod Hearse featuring Cadillac Kolstad @ Varsity, 12/15 bucks, 7:30.

No comments: