Monday, August 25, 2008

Remember Edutainment?

I've felt no shortage of ignorance in the short time since I was invited to write for this shithole standard-bearing blog, so I thought I'd list my annotated study guide for others who are also behind the curve:

Practical Taxidermy - A Manual of Instruction To The Amateur In Collecting, Preserving, And Setting up Natural History Specimens of All Kinds
Browne is the Calvino of taxidermy lit. His prose lilts, tugging your heartstrings like the report of a Ruger No. 1V Varminter. Try not to get butterfly-stomached at the Collecting chapter.

Mounting Your Deer Head at Home
I am so happy I found this book. Like most Minnesotans, I had a baker's dozen of deer heads just laying around anyways. Lemons to lemonade. Thanks Monte.

During my research, I've inevitably grown a healthy attraction to/obsession with Sarina Brewer. If you read this, contact me.

Also, if anyone has a New York Times Select account, please lend me your login info so I can finish what looks to be a truly great article: "Taxidermy as Hobby; Novices Must Learn Many Things Before They Can Stuff Skins." Tell me about it.

2 comments:

Cuddle Bear said...

Ask and ye shall receive. I've got it in PDF, but am too stupid to find your email. How shall we overcome this?

Stuffed Pheasant said...

cuddle bear,
Check your email in a couple minutes.

Flanagan,
We haven't the budget for bail so please, no stalking any taxidermists okay?