Thursday, July 31, 2008

7/31/08

DEERFOOT
THURSDAY

Patio Nights with Off With Their Heads, Death To Our Enemies and The Deaf @ Minnesota Museum of American Art (St. Paul), 7 bucks, 7:00.

Old James, The Guystorm and Shovelfight @ Uptown, zero bucks, 9:00.

The Van Gobots, To Reinvent, The Men Who Control the Weather and Yachts and Planes @ the Hexagon Bar, zero bucks, 9:00.

Popcycle (CD Release), Luke's Angels and Dan Israel and the Cultivators @ Turf Club, ?? bucks, 9:00.

Loudray, Chokecherry and Steve Kaul @ Lee's Liquor Lounge, 5 bucks, 9:00.

Jazz at the Movies with Terence Blanchard Quintet @ Orchestra Hall, 45-65 bucks, 7:30. I'm going to temporarily break my rule of not talking too much shit on this blog - Terence Blanchard's scores ruin all Spike Lee movies for me. Wow. I feel really good for having gotten that off my chest. Ruin them! All!

Oh, and as per usual G.B. is playing in his Pickle Park. He'll be doing an acoustic performance. Will I be there? Hell yes. After this we will be heading down to see...

Self Sound Orchestra, Northern Cargo and Dial System @ Stasiu's, zero bucks, 9:00.


Rock Out for Epilepsy @ Varsity, 10 bucks, 7:00.

No comments: