Sunday, July 6, 2008

It's never too late for love.

Last week I had the pleasure of going to see Old James, The Sextons and Economy Team at the Uptown. It was a night full of unabashed rock, performed by some of the more audacious musicians in the area. Good (or at least decent) times were had by all!

The night began with an entertaining set from Old James. Unfortunately, this band will be parting ways at the end of the summer, so make sure to catch a performance while you can!





The smooth, rockin' tunes of The Sextons compelled this pair of love birds to take over the dance floor.

The night ended with Economy Team (who aptly dub themselves the tax refund of rock!) performing a rousing set.



Their drummer shed a variety of apparel during the set, including a snazzy pair of shades.



For those of you unfamiliar with Economy Team (or hell, even if you are familiar), I highly suggest checking out their next performance. Be sure to bring earplugs!

2 comments:

nomnomnom said...

Old James! That's the band! Ha, I almost collided with the guitar player last Friday near Bryant Lake Bowl, then proceeded to tear and gorge my brain for the rest of the night trying to figure out where I'd seen him before. This is certainly the summer of random information- like that two week period in June where I learned an extensive amount about Neil Pert from at least five different random sources that saught me out, for I did not seek them...Neil Pert we are going to meet soon, I can feel it....

Stuffed Pheasant said...

Become a rotating drum riser dealer and you will surely meet Neil Peart. That's my advice to you, grasshopper.